Trolltunga Via Ferrata
Finally, the spectacular new Trolltunga Via Ferrata is here!
The perfect off the beaten track adventure to Trolltunga is waiting for you. This adventure will overwhelm you with nature’s beauty and get your heart beating with adrenaline as you scale the 250m wall to get to the ROCKstar; Trolltunga. Our guided Via Ferrata tour to Trolltunga includes biking along the beautiful lake, hiking up the amazing valley and climbing the Via Ferrata “ladder” to the Trolltunga Plateau before reaching the worldknown highlight Trolltunga.
The tour starts with 6 km bicycling along the Ringedalen lake. Then 0.5 km uphill hiking that Will bring us to the start if the new Trolltunga Via Ferrata.
From the top of the via ferrata, we hike towards Endenut, and then to Tyssebotn. Here you’ll find the giant marmites, deep holes in the mountain, created by the river Tysso, made by sand and stone rotating in the now drought Tyssestrengene waterfall.
The hike ends at Trolltunga. A memorable nature attraction, with a stunning view of the Ringedalen lake and the Folgefonna glacier. This view Will guarantee some butterflies to your tummy.
For the return we walk the tourist trail to Trolltunga
At 21:00 the day before your tour, it will be held an information meeting at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda. Our guide will inform about the hike, equipment needed, the hike, weather forecast and more. See you there!
– Duration: 8-12 hours
– Price per person: 1350 NOK
– Meetingtime at 08:00 at our store in Skjeggedal. Minimum 2 people. Please book one day in advance.
If you’re in normal good shape and over 15 years of age, Trolltunga Active would like to invite you on this trip.
During summer the weather can be rough, and its important that You are prepared according to the equipment list below:
Here is what to bring:
On your body:
– wool socks and woolen thermals.
– windjacket/pants recommended goretex
– running gloves
– waterproof hikingboots
– sunglasses and sunscreen
A 40 liter backpack with:
– beanie/hat that covers your ears
– warm gloves/mittens
– dry wool socks
– extra warm clothes. (the reason we use wool, is because it continues to keep you warm after you get wet)
– food for 8-10 hours
– 1.5 liter water/drink
– some snacks/chocolate
Climbing equipment and bicycle is included.
We recommend that participants train on uphill/downhill hiking before arrival. 1-2 hikes per week, with 2-3 hours length.
This route is replacing the old Himmelstige to Trolltunga.
Climbing without a guide
The via ferrata is open to climb without guide, but only for persons with climbing experience.
You must follow these ground rules:
– pay the maintenance fee of 350 nok/person/paid at Our Trolltunga Active store in Skjeggedal.
– all persons in the group must have climbing experience.
– it is only one line in the climb. To avoid complication, groups must go up between 10.00-14.00, and down 15.00 and later.
– use via ferrata lanyard with tearing energy absorber. Using static slings without absorber as lanyard is not allowed.
– 15 year age limit.
– due to risk of avalanche, cancel the hike if heavy rainfall.
At Our Trolltunga Active store in Skjeggedal we have rental of via ferrata equipment and bikes.